Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Years Don't Have Dustjackets

I got a sample of the hardcovers for the ALEC omnibus last week, and boy do they look pretty, if I do say so myself!! The image is silkscreened directly onto the raw board, giving the whole thing a simultaneous high-class / lo-fi effect... (Not to be confused with the high-class / lo-fi effect of this crappy photo taken with my expensive iPhone.*)



And don't forget, there's still time to pre-order!!


*For the record, I'm not an iPhone hater, I do love mine, but fair is fair: the camera sucks.

2 comments:

Ed Howard said...

Pretty exciting. Campbell's Alec stories are amazing, surpassed only by From Hell as his greatest accomplishment. Love the hardcover design. I know what's going on my Christmas list this year...

Chris said...

hey! it's a long while Mr. Skillman! hope that the dry spell is now over! Keep those posts 'bout design processes coming!