Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"A Murder of Crows: A Children's Primer"

I just finished up my contribution to a group art show at Gallery Meltdown in L.A.: "A Murder of Crows: A Children's Primer," curated by Linda Pine. She's assembled a really amazing collection of artists (people like Richard Sala, Renee French, Tim Biskup, Dave Cooper, Jason "Wacky Animals" Polan... seriously, I must have been contacted by mistake!) to illustrate an alphabet's worth of "terms of venery;" those wacky 19th-century terms for groups of animals (i.e. "school of fish," "pride of lions," etc).

I chose "a troubling of goldfish," and did it in watercolor & Sharpie (because I apparently can't draw anything without my Sharpies anymore), and I have to say I'm quite happy with it--though I'm sure it will still pale in comparison to everything around it!



The show goes up on October 3rd, and I believe there's an associated shindig from 6-9 PM that evening. If you're in the L.A. area, stop by and check it out! Details here.

1 comment:

Joerg Wenck said...

Wonderful!